Although there are many who are allergic to certain metals, any reaction of the jewelry to your skin does not mean that you are allergic.

For example, many times you dye our skin from a piece of jewelry that we wore, but this does not necessarily mean that we are allergic. Because metals react in different conditions. So when we sweat it can cause oxidation in the metal of the jewelry and leave a grayish spot on our skin or discolor it locally.

But this has nothing to do with the actual manifestation of allergies which is quite annoying and often painful.

When someone is allergic to a piece of jewelry, their skin reddens, rashes and itches and burns – and these symptoms can occur even up to 24 hours after contact with the allergenic metal. This is called allergic contact dermatitis.

I do not wear faux bijoux so I will not get an allergy. Is not that right;

No, its not like that.

Because just as there are faux bijoux that do not cause allergies, there are also jewelry made of gold or silver that can make you allergic.

The most allergenic metal used in jewelry is nickel, which should be avoided by about 15% of the population as it is sensitive to it. However, nickel is often found in jewelry, even from precious metals such as gold.

So a gold jewelry that has a high percentage of nickel in its alloy is very likely to cause you allergies.

Nickel is generally present in many things around us, in zippers, in the metal buttons of jeans, in the frame of our glasses, in the bracelets of watches, etc.