Jewelry made of platinum, titanium, stainless steel as well as gold jewelry of 18 carats and above will be the safest to avoid allergic reactions someone who is sensitive to metals.

As for the silver jewelry, those of a purity of 925 and above will usually not cause allergies. But be careful because quite often they are nickel plated so as not to tan so the allergenic metal will come in contact with your skin.

Besides, there are those who are allergic to silver.


General advices and tips:

  • Remember that allergies are usually not a permanent condition. From time to time you may have an allergy to something you have worn again without any problems and vice versa – to stop bothering a piece of jewelry that you avoided due to allergies.
  • Observe your skin when you wear a piece of jewelry and in case of any discomfort take it out and if the problem is intense do not wear it again.
  • Sometimes it is a temporary solution to apply a colorless varnish to the surface of the jewelry that comes in contact with your skin to create a protective film. But do not forget that over time this too will peel off and will need to be renewed.
  • When a piece of gold jewelry that has not bothered you so far starts to cause allergies, a good solution is to take it to a craftsman for plating (with gold or platinum depending on the color of gold). Because the plating may have been damaged over time, so the basic alloy of gold has come closer to your skin, which if it is lower than 18caratsoften contains a sufficient amount of the allergenic nickel.
  • If you know your allergy in advance it is better to prefer gold jewelry 18caratsat least 925 plated silver.
  • Avoid gold-plated jewelry because they simply carry a layer of gold but the base very often contains nickel.
  • TheFauxbijoux if they have a non-allergenic plating it will last until this coating wears out due to sweat, odors and other external factors. When this happens either make sure to cover the ‘naked’ parts (if it is worth it) or do not bring them back.
  • Nickel is a ‘strong’ metal. It can cause allergies even if worn over thin clothing. So if an irritation appears on your chest for example under the jacket you were wearing, think about what jewelry you wore.
  • If the jewelry you wear only starts to bother you when you sweat, wear it for a few hours to avoid sweating and a very good tip is to talc the places where it rests that will absorb any moisture and minimize the chance of irritation – up to a degree of course .
  • When wearing jewelry make sure it is clean because the dirt, themakeup,creams Etc. can cause bacteria to grow on the surface of the jewelry – something that will cause it to corrode and therefore cause you potential skin problems if you are a sensitive person. Of course, your skin must be just as clean before you wear a piece of jewelry and avoid using it as much as possible. make upand perfumes again to avoid corrosion of the metal or plating.
  • Generally avoid fauxbijoux and focus on the pure, non-allergenic metals mentioned above.
  • The jewelry you wear should be loose on you, not tighten so that air circulates between your skin and the jewelry to avoid sweating.
  • In the event of a skin allergy, remove the jewelry immediately and use a topical ointment that containsCorticosteroids, always on the recommendation of the pharmacist. Symptoms even without medication subside in 2-3 24 hours but if they persist it is necessary to visit a doctor.